The Dollar Disciple is a personal chronicle of my family’s journey to financial independence, together with some other random stuff which you will hopefully find insightful and amusing
Money is one of my favorite topics for discussion because:
- Whether we like it or not, it’s an incredibly important aspect of modern living
- Misconceptions about it are the root cause of many of society’s ills
- People don’t really like talking about it. Try asking your friends about their investments and tell me how it goes…
Within the spectrum of personal finance, my absolute favorite topic is Financial Independence. That is: having enough investment/passive income such that you don’t have to work for money if you don’t want to. I personally feel that this is an extremely important goal for anyone to work towards (and if you think about it, that’s what the traditional definition of “retirement” is).
My family has been working towards Financial Independence for a few years now and I thought it was about time to start documenting the journey. Even if no one reads it, I’d like to be able to look back and see what I was thinking and feeling as I walked the path towards the ultimate goal.
Therefore, this blog is about:
- Passive income
- Real estate investing, which is my chosen vehicle
- Personal Finance
- And above all: Financial Independence!
My sincere hope is that someone out there will benefit from our experience and take control of their financial destiny.
All a person can do is show you the path: it’s up to you to walk it.